WHO WE ARE
Transinex Travel is the Asian innovator and leader of purposeful and conscious Youth and Student travel. Their key travel experiences range from Education to Adventure, Cultural Participation to Personal Satisfaction and Learning to Discovery.
Established since 1972 as a full-fledged IATA travel agent, Transinex Pte Ltd has evolved over the years from tours to focus on group travel, especially in travel with pedagogical and cultural involvement with the local communities of various destinations in Asia Pacific, America and Europe. Transinex has built a wide range of programs from educational learning journeys to sports exchanges and music exchanges.
Transinex is affiliated with IATA/UFFTA, NATAS, WYSE Travel Confederation (World Youth Student & Education), SYTA (USA) and Youth Ambassadors SG. Our Singapore Tourist Promotion Board license number is TA087
1. IATA – International Air Transport Association
2. NATAS – National Association of Travel Agents of Singapore
3. WYSE Travel Confederation – World Youth Student & Education Travel Confederation4. SYTA – the voice of Student and Youth Travel
5. SME 500 – Singapore Small Medium Enterprise Top 500 List
In our quest to INSPIRE LEARNING THROUGH EXPERIENTIAL TRAVELS for students, Transinex was invited by IE Singapore to invest in regionally to manage and conduct exclusive programs. Continuous development of specialized programs for the students have kept Transinex in the forefront of education tourism. From licensing overseas programs to in-house development, the company now organises cross regional events and seminars.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Inbound Student Groups & Exchange | Outbound Student Groups & Exchange | International Youth Conferences and Coverts/Festivals| Unique and special tours | Festivals and Concerts| Coach Charter services, Malaysia
Areas of Business: We create special tours and offer travel related services and customise programs/tours for Schools, Churches and Corporate Businesses and have 4 decades of experience in customising travel with pedagogical and cultural involvement with the local communities in Asian destinations.
Ministry Of Education: MOE-Appointed Agent for School Educational Tours
Transinex builds and provides educational tours for students to different destinations all over the world. Range of subject matters include
- ✓ History, Geography, Music and Art lessons
- ✓ Science and Information & Technology (IT)
- ✓ Cultural Exchanges and Community Improvement Programs
- ✓ Adventure toursFirst travel agency to collaborate with Singapore Polytechnic for a Travel Agency on CampusIn 2000? Spice Tour Agency was set up as a collaboration between Transinex Travel and students from Singapore Polytechnic on the Dover Campus. Four main students are chosen to manage Spice’s operations from planning tour itineraries to heading travel groups.Work Experience Singapore – Training youths for the Travel IndustryToday, through WES, our other employment agency, we recruit students from all over the world on our Singapore Work & Travel Program. Since the establishment of WES, we have successfully placed students and graduates in internshipswithin host companies across Singapore and assist the students in bypassing all the “red tape” and visa applicationprocess.Youth Ambassadors – Empowering Change MakersTransinex also represents Youth Ambassadors, a not for profit enterprise set up to empower youths in ASEAN countries and beyond to become change makers in their respective communities.
We specialise in organizing educational conferences for youths, offering them a platform to learn and be inspired through various activities, workshops and presentations. More importantly, we aim to promote positive interaction and cooperation between youths of different ethnicity with diverse cultures.More at http://sgyouthambassadors.org/EXPERIENCE Transinex Products and Services1. Educational & Cultural Travel for Youths & Students 2. Events and Conferences
3. Special Tours
“We seek to provide quality services and products and create value-added experiences for our customers”.
To achieve its mission, Transinex has set the following long-term objectives:
To establish, provide and deliver products and services of first quality and standards.
To continuously train and develop staff to deliver and create value-added experiences for its customers. To improve and develop new enrichment programs and tours for students.
To help young professionals start their career overseas.
To help youths to embark on an enrichment education with great career opportunities.
To continue to promote cultural exchange worldwide
Transinex was incorporated in 1972 as a full service IATA Travel Agency. The original name of the company was Trans Singapore Express. The company then changed its name to the telex acronym given by its early clients.
Its Singapore Tourist Promotion Board license number is TA087.
In 2007, Transinex piloted an Educational Tourism Course “Travel Laboratory” with Singapore Polytechnic. Through it , the company provided on-the-job training for students, grooming talents for the travel industry. Transinex grew in its expertise and customized for our local schools, several educational programs overseas – giving a full suite of travel logistics with risk management and emergency services.
In 2014, Transinex pioneered a social enterprise “SG Youth Ambassador” to bring Asian students to Singapore. Its annual conferences has drawn thousands of intercultural exchanges with an aim to empower youths to become change makers in their respective communities.